Big girl πŸ˜‰ Keeping up appearances

 

Quite frankly, this post is very long overdue,it has been sitting in my drafts for months!!. So I generally get compliments about my skin care routine and all sorts of other things pretty much daily! And so this will hopefully answer all of those questions and give you some insight into what goes into keeping things shipshape when it comes to being body positive and self care.

Skin Care
On a general I get asked the most questions about my skin especially body skin sadly my face is one shade darker and one or two small pimples grace it on a weekly πŸ˜‚! I am very lucky to have quite clear skin for the most part – although I am very much prone to monthly breakouts and the odd allergic reaction to certain products!! When  I keep hydrated the face cooperates. If I  take my make up off in good time, I really do favour washing off with water (and lots of it) over most other things, and all this combined probably helps keep my skin looking pretty good. I try to get enough sleep where possible though I seem to be a night owl, I do wear a lot of make up when I have shoots or in a good mood but besides  that I am make up free most of the time. I find that using too many products does make my skin freak out, and so I stick to a faithful few quite basic ones– OXY spot control  products and Magnolia Tissue oil. My skin is  moderately dry, so these help moisturise and blast off some of that dead skin! Though I still hope to get a facial one day πŸ˜‚. In terms of make up – I use so many different products and techniques, I will definitely put up a vlog about it.
With regards to my body I am also a big fan of scrubs. I have created my DIY coffee scrub and I really lov wille it! Coffee scrubs smell great, they are really satisfying to use and you are left with the most beautiful skin! Body washes are also excellent with a touch of oil. And naturally my go to lotion is basic as tissue oil lotion obviously mixed with other oils that is castor oil, coconut oil and rosehip seed oil.I am really prone to deliciously dry heels and so I am often filing them and applying foot creams.

Hair
I basically hold zero loyalty to hairstyles.But  I can safely say short natural hair is my safe haven though. Sometimes I do bleach it or use blow out hair relaxer.  Just like make up, unless I am shooting or off somewhere fancy, I don’t style it. Though I try to get a some black castor oil and coconut oil for treatment. 
Everything you see me doing I have learnt from watching many many YouTube tutorials, and I am still very much a novice. I believe  hair  is something to have fun with, and  one ought  to try different styles and accessories out all the time. I really get bored very easily hence  I am a plaiting drop out.

Body Hair
I am a firm believer in doing what you want with your body hair and letting others do the same. Personally, I despise hair from the underarms  and I like to be smoother than a baby dolphin. Laser has become the answer. Getting my eyebrows microbladed  is something I  am proud of at the moment.They have an amazing arch shape and this  I would really recommend any day. I do have hair on my top lip ( PCOS scare😱)but I love it so much and I don't think I will let it go.  I make sure I am clean and smelling good and then I just tell myself that they see all the bodies and fannies, and so what if I am fatter?

Nails
I remember the days when the very idea of false nails would make me shudder! But then I decided to give them a go around seven years ago, and I have been  hooked ever since! I regularly get long acrylic nails. I have broken a few in my time, or simply caught them really painfully – but thankfully I have never ripped the whole lot off! I go for a variety of bright colours , but I do always like to keep them pointy with a slightly rounded edge. Ballerina it is.Wiping my arse? Oh Well I have  never stuck a finger up there before, I haven’t started now and definitely not ever! Plus, there is loo roll in the way, and the nails are surprisingly bluntπŸ˜‚! Using tampons is no problem. Picking up change is probably the hardest thing to do, and I do try to be careful when I do my my shopping.Oh well opening cans also still highlights my imposed disability πŸ˜‚ Typing, entering my pin, pressing my buttons means I use my my fingers. FYI I give the best scratches! 

Fitness 

I can safely say my BMI is always in check. I have shared before that I have my fair share of hormonal imbalance and most of my body fat is around the lower belly. This puts me at a greater risk of type 2 diabetes(fam history included sighs) and cardiovascular diseases. I constantly do structured high intensity interval training (HIIT). I also regularly take walks believe you me besides fitness it's also a therapeutic way to end the day.


So there you have it! La Thickums beauty regime


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plus Size Dating.. is it crystal clear??

Touchin' Loving on the Plus side

Chubby reflections. Jumbled thoughts