Dear Body


Dear Body, I am Sorry

I am sorry for hating you

I feel pathetic for hiding you

I wanted you to be smaller

 I wished I could put you on a collar

You have been broken and bruised

Yet you recovered and healed 

Your resilience and strength is outstanding

How could I hate something so amazing

Your stretchmarks are a mere natural marvel

Your saggy boobs are to be some baby's citadel

Your thunder thighs and wide hips are a wonder to hold

Dear Body, I hope you forgive me

  So  yesterday we were celebrating human rights day in South Africa. Took the ample time to reflect and refresh. So I was previously trolled again. Indeed one can never get used to the toxic levels in our society. Remember in one of my previous posts I mentioned how its equally hard to stay afloat with so much fat shaming happening. Anyhow, whining wont take me anywhere. Why not use it to invoke my creativity?

Plus sized bloggers and models have been making serious waves within the fashion industry over the past couple of years; they have been key to opening up the much needed discussion surrounding body positivity, acceptance and diversity. The general message preached to the masses is the importance of self-love and to recognize that every ‘body’ is beautiful, no matter how much you weigh. Its a global trend but when is it going to be embraced sufficiently in Africa?


We are still inundated with what seems to be societies’ standard of what an acceptable fat person should look like. For a community that claims to be inclusive and diverse, how diverse are we really?

Whenever we are shown bigger bodies, the concern trolls are never ever far away. They do not come right out and say they are disgusted by our squishy rolls of fat. Instead, they feign concern for the health and wellbeing of that person, based solely on our looks. Completely unsolicited, these people dish out advice or blame, under the guise of caring about our health. Phrases such as ‘you’re doing to get diabetes and die at 40 if you don’t lose weight”, “lose weight hippo?” and ‘her bones must be so stressed under her enormous weight’ are all things I’ve heard time and time again, again framed under the guise of health. 

So  just as I was dealing with the effects of being trolled, I see  people 'dragging' ThickLeeyonce for having mentioned that she was craving for pizza in the morning. Just as expected allbody became  dieticians and advocates for clean eating. Funny enough most of us are busy having unlimited fat cooks and takeaways  but do get away with it only because their bodies are 'acceptable' hence they can eat anything and get away with it. Guess my next entry should be about being plus and staying healthy right.




I’ve always been someone who’s spent the majority of time in my own company. Being introverted, I would often retreat into my own world. Right now, I literally fix myself a drink, be the dj as well as the dancer🤣. I  have always kept a small circle of  friends in secondary school and university and from a young age, I’ve had to learn how to do a lot of things myself which is why I’m so incredibly organized today. From such I know how to eat, keep fit and keep thick.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plus Size Dating.. is it crystal clear??

Touchin' Loving on the Plus side

Chubby reflections. Jumbled thoughts