It is never too late


Oh well in all honesty I have never considered myself a blog fanatic neither am I a writer. However, the lock down period got me undergoing a lot of self introspection. Corona virus is evidence enough that tomorrow is never promised.Take initiative whilst you can. Voila, this thick person decides to settle on plus body positivity blogging. Thus Lathickums was born.

Being plus size, being fat, being chubby has always been associated with negativity. I have gone through many situations of body shaming ever since I started gaining weight in my late teens. I am human I have broken down a couple of times. I have shyed away from gatherings be it friends or family. I have tried to always keep myself fully covered because they had told me I was fat and disgusting. Sometimes they give backhanded compliments like: you know you would look better when you shed off those excess pounds. I have lost lovers and suitors along the way. I have harbored unnecessary anger and hatred. Believe me I have attempted numerous crash diets which didn't work because the effort was misguided. I have been self conscious and insecure.

ALL THIS FOR WHAT??


I allowed people to tell me how I am supposed to feel about myself. This has come to an end .I am putting myself first. I am dressing however I want. I am reclaiming my throne I am who I want to be. I ain't taking any advice from naysayers.

#thick#PlusSize#bodypositivity#EndlessPossibilities#TakingSpace#DoingMe



Comments

  1. This is beautiful love , moghul well said body shaming has been there in our society and it should stop . People should feel amazing , beautiful , perfect in their own bodies without other people checking them on their weight your body your rules

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Plus Size Dating.. is it crystal clear??

Touchin' Loving on the Plus side

Chubby reflections. Jumbled thoughts